The benefits of Vitamin B12 Injections are to improve energy, boost metabolism and burn unwanted fat. Some of the key features are noted below.
- Helps with a more balanced sleep, mood, appetite and energy patterns.
- Boost overall metabolic rate — B12 has been shown to aid in the metabolism of fats and proteins.
- Liver health/detoxification — B12 is required for all fat-soluble toxic chemicals to be cleaned or removed from the body. B12 helps to process fatty acids from the liver so that can be detoxed from the body.
- Increased red blood cell production — when there is a lack of B12 in the body it can cause anemia. B12 will help stimulate red blood cell production.
- Nerve System Health — B12 will help produce myelin. Myelin is the fatty tissue that surrounds the nerves to protect them from damage.
- Serotonin Production — Serotonin is known to help you feel good and can affect your mood. B12 will help serotonin production in the brain.
Keystone Physical Medicine in Boise Idaho takes pride in treating the cause of your condition, NOT just trying to make the symptom go away.
How long does a Vitamin B12 injection last in the body?
Vitamin B12 typically will last up 72 hours in the body depending on how person’s lifestyle or activity level. B12 is a water-soluble vitamin that is easily dissolved by the water in the body. Due to the how fast the body processes Vitamin B12 we recommend frequent supplementation or regimented. The typical recommended frequency is once per week.
Receiving a shot vs. oral supplementation?
When the Doctors at Keystone Physical Medicine explain the difference between the two, the primary difference is absorption rate. When the process of digestion happens in the body the stomach acids help breakdown foods that are ingested.
So, in the case of taking an oral supplement, the acids in the stomach will break it down, only allowing for a small amount of absorption in the blood stream. This process happens more commonly with age.
Therefore as you increase in age the ability for the body to absorb B12 decreases. Vitamin injections provide a direct method of supplying the body with the nutrient. The more direct the supply the better the absorption rate.
Keystone Physical Medicine
420 W Main St #206, Boise, ID 83702
At the corner of Main & 5th in Downtown Boise.
Fax — (208) 426-9300
Hours of Operation
Monday – Thursday
7:00AM – 10:30AM & 11:30AM – 4:00PM
7:00AM – 11:00AM
Saturday & Sunday